November 28, 2019
Delight your members while adding a festive touch to your coworking space
December is the month of good cheer. The holidays are coming, and people are getting in the festive spirit. All that merriment makes it the perfect time to reconnect with your coworking community and reflect on the year. Finding the time to reach out to each one of your members, however, can be a challenge.
In this blog, we’ll share the power of December and how you can reconnect with members to create extra special moments.
What makes December so special?
It’s not just high spirits that make December the perfect month for reconnecting. It’s also the ideal time to get prepared for the January rush. According to DeskMag’s annual Global Coworking Survey, January has consistently ranked as the most popular month to join a coworking space.
Prospective members are much more likely to choose your venue if it’s recommended by their friends or colleagues. In fact, research from McKinsey and Nielsen indicates that 92% of people trust word of mouth referrals, leading to two times more sales than paid advertising. As a result, it’s crucial to ensure your members end their coworking year on a high. Below are some suggestions to give your members a bit of extra holiday love to ensure they continue to remain loyal and they help you to spread the word!
How to make December extra special for your community
There are lots of ways to show members you care, especially during the holiday season. Here are some suggestions to help you get started:
1. Send out season’s greetings: You can never go wrong with wishing a happy holiday. It’s a great way to let members know how much you appreciate them and boost excitement for the new year. You could even add a recap of 2018’s biggest member successes to cheer people on.
2. Make your brand sparkle: The holidays are the time to go the extra mile. Instead of a simple message, you could build a branded online hosted holiday card from you and your management team. Link to it with the Optix Web Extension feature for easy access within the app. An eye catching way to share your best wishes, it will show members how much you care.
3. Add new member perks: There’s no better way to say thank you to your community than free stuff. Take a look at the perks you offer and see if you can bring in new ones to boost value add. Then share the great news as your holiday gift to your community.
4. Let members pick their own gift: Perks aren’t the only way to give something special. Team up with a local neighborhood coffee or artisanal shop and give members a $10 gift card to go buy themselves something that they’d like! The shop may even give your community a special holiday discount on their items which is a win win!
5. Organize a holiday party: Who doesn’t love to eat, drink, and be merry? Bring your community together for a festive celebration of the year’s successes. Inviting their partners, friends, and family to join makes the occasion even more special. You can even open it to prospective members to show them what your community is all about. You can post the event using the new Events app and and add a push notification to your Community feed.
6. Host a gift exchange: With lots of options to choose from, a gift exchange can be a lovely way to get members mingling at your holiday party and the more the merrier! The White Elephant Game is definitely one to try if you are new to gift exchanges.
7. Send out a short survey: More than anything people like to feel heard. Sending out a short survey lets members know you’re listening, while also gathering valuable insights you can use to improve your space. Check out our article to get some tips when collecting member feedback (plus a free template!)
8. Get in the holiday spirit: Swap your cream for eggnog and break out the holiday decorations. Nothing makes people feel more festive than twinkling lights and fun ornaments. You could even turn it into a fun activity for anyone who wants to join in.
Whatever it is you choose to do, don’t miss the chance to end this year on a high. Reconnecting with your community for festive fun will ensure that you head into January with happy members, positive referrals, and powerful insights on how to make the next year an even more incredible one.